What are some of the most interesting stats and facts about the education industry?
From how many schools exist in the educational system in America to how well students from all over the world stack up against each other, education is a wide and diverse field of study.
Here are some of the most interesting statistics and facts about the education industry.
- There are 98,158 public schools and 34,576 private schools in the United States of America.
- The largest school district in America is in New York City. 981,667 students are enrolled in the system.
- In the United States, approximately 1,689,726 students are homeschooled at different levels of education
Around the World
- Children start school at age 7 in Finland. Curiously enough, these children do excellently in international testing competitions.
- Every school in Norway is completely free to attend--even for people who are from different countries.
- Chinese students have the most homework of students worldwide, at 14 hours a week.
- Many schools in the Southern Hemisphere have their summer break during the traditional winter months.
- Canada schools typically teach lessons in both English and French, as people speak both languages throughout the country.
- French students have the shortest school year and the longest school day in the world.
- Students in Holland start school on their 4th birthday, which means that children start school all through the year.
Education and Earnings
- Generally speaking, each additional year of schooling increases the individual's earnings up to 10%.
- Around 1 in 4 young people in low income nations are illiterate.
- In general, girls in developing countries have a much harder fight for education than boys face.
- Education is on the rise across the globe, but we as humans have a lot farther to go.
- School facilities’ maintenance impacts the physical, educational, and financial foundation of the school organization and therefore the students.
- Most school maintenance in America is dramatically lower than what is actually needed by the facilities in question.
Want to keep reading?
Good choice. Here are some similar articles!
How is virtual reality changing the future of education?
Virtual or augmented reality technologies expose students to more low-cost, hands-on experiences in a wide variety of fields.
Schools & Higher EducationView Article
What are the most common use cases for sensors and IoT for facilities management in schools and education?
The most common use cases for sensors and Internet of Things (IoT) technology in schools involve building or facility management.
Schools & Higher Education, MaintenanceView Article
How does maintenance support school safety?
Maintenance supports school safety by providing a clean and organized facility for the students' and the teachers’ daily lives.